Serves 12 or so?
This lovely cake is very tasty, quick and simple to make, and light but moist.
It was an accidental invention – the first time I made it, I was trying to make biscuits!
- 11/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup almond meal or “LSA” or almonds ground up in a food processor
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 75 mL milk
- 300ml whipping cream
- Mix the dry ingredients (A-D) in a bowl,
- Add everything else except the cream (E-H) and mix well.
- Line shallow baking trays with baking paper and spread the mixture out thinly.
The recipe covers 2-3 trays.
- Bake at 180 degrees (170 degrees for fan-forced) for 10-15 minutes, until the edges brown slightly.
- Cool the layers completely, and cut into even-sized sheets.
- Whip the cream (I) to stiff peaks.
- Build the cake in layers, spreading cream between each layer.
It might be easier to make several smaller cakes.
Serve with a hot or cold refreshing drink.